Friday, August 18, 2006

Mohavi and Mona Lisa Move Into Homes and New Lives




Mona Lisa, the scared starving little girl trapped out at Beazall County Park, has already visited a vet and is now in a home. Quite the change for a desperate little girl without hope only two days ago.

Mohavi is also in a home. The same home as Mona Lisa went to.

A very sweet graduate student, whose sister is a vet, had called interested in Hooch. He then became also interested in Tin Can Tizzy, who had found a hiding place. Whenever he would arrive, hoping to see Tin Can, she'd be hiding.

I finally coralled her. And he got to meet this smart little girl. He was impressed actually with her ability to hide. He had brought a cat loving friend with him the second time. It was just after I got home with Mona Lisa in a live trap from the park.

After his friend met Mohavi, she fell in love with him immediately and wanted to adopt Mohavi. I then asked if they wanted to see the kitten I'd just trapped, but warned them she is feral. They fell in love with Mona Lisa. She is gorgeous. There is no denying that.

Mohavi had already been FIV/Felk tested, since he was one of the Slaughterhouse kittens with diarrhea. But these folks wanted Hooch and Tin Can tested and little feral Mona Lisa, who even by yesterday, was fast losing her feral nature in favor of petting, being syringe fed KMR and being cuddled. I mean, what's not to like about an easier life and love?

So yesterday, all three kittens were tested at Corvallis Cat Care. Although Mona Lisa let out blood curdling shrieks when the needle was inserted for a blood sample, she otherwise did very well at her very first trip to a vet.

And afterwards, back here, because the test results would not come back until today from the lab, she seemed to understand that vet visit meant she was cared about. She stared at me wide-eyed, trying to comprehend it all.

I knew all three kittens would be negative. Hooch and Tin Can Tizzy had suffered extreme flea and lice infestations along with starvation before I took them out of Camp Boondoggle. Had they been suffering from an immuno-suppressant virus, like FIV or Felk, they would have died. Same with Mona Lisa.

They were all negative.

Today, Amy came, with Mohavi in tow, who bounced around my bathroom glad to be back temporarily, and took Mona Lisa. She will return to me next Wednesday night, if she's doing ok, and be spayed on Thursday.

Mona Lisa is smiling tonight. Mohavi is, too. Hooch and Tin Can Tizzy will be leaving tomorrow.

I'll still have CattyHopper, as I've named the Slaughterhouse gray tux bobtail female kitten, and Mohavi's sister, the gray tabby "Gobi". I still have the sleek smart sweet medium hair black male Apache, a Boondoggie.

Three kittens left, of the Boondoggies, of the Maxine Street Eight, of the Slaughterhouse colony and now of Beazall park. Three kittens of countless kittens who have been through my doors this summer. I am happy for them. Happy for them all.

1 comment:

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...