Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fixing Foster Kittens--7 Yesterday


Yesterday, seven foster kittens were fixed. Two were males from Salem, trapped behind a state building and home ready. I forgot to take their photos to add to my petfinder site. Chris is fostering them and they are gorgeous.

A Jefferson black manx female kitten was fixed. Also, Gobi, Mohavi's sister, of the Slaughterhouse colony was spayed yesterday.

Three of the kittens fixed were former Camp Boondoggies, who have been fostered in Lebanon. This photo is of the black tux female, one of three siblings fixed. They were Mittens kittens.

Mittens was the gray tux female homeless camper Rita owned. I had also fixed Mittens but Rita wanted her back. Rita then moved in with a couple of Scio guys, getting free roam and board in exchange for cooking and cleaning.

But, she left messages a week ago, that she wanted me to take her cats to board, not place, because it wasn't working out in Scio, and that she'd spent all her SSI money already for the month.

It was the 8th of August when she called. How did she spend all that money, close to $600, in that short of time? She'd spent a partial check the month before in three days in Albany, buying beer for a whole lot of people.

I don't know what happened after she left those messages. I wonder what happened to Gizmo and Mittens, her two females. I got them both spayed. When I'd gone out to see Rita at her new place, the cats were thrilled to see me.

I fear for their fates and I'm kind of 'not happy' with Rita. In the messages, she implied she would be leaving that house for the streets of Albany as a matter of choice. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...