Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cheap Ad Pays Off for Shortstop and Sahari





First and last photos: Shortstop. Middle photo: Sahari
I just adopted out two kittens as a result of the cheap ad running up north of Corvallis. Yahoo! I met the family in Rickreal. They were going to only adopt one kitten. They already have a spayed indoor only female. But they, under pressure from their two kids, decided on two. I told them they need to do what is right for them. In other words, I never try to push cats on people. But they took Shortstop and his sister Sahari--two of the Slaughterhouse kittens--the Kittens Without Hope. Yeah right---without hope. They got well, in part, thanks to my very kind and smart vet, Dr. Blouin. And three of the six are already in homes.

So far, that cheap ad has paid off big time, in comparison to the more expensive ad in the larger circulation paper. I will be keeping track, because it is a learning experience in marketing.

2 comments:

  1. See... your work DOES matter. I remember you were gettin down about it a few weeks ago.

    Keep it up! I saw you at 99 and Conifer today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really, Dan. Was that you, because I only smiled because I thought it was someone else, someone who stole my five years ago. I saw that hat, and thought, you know, that looks run down and thread bare enough I bet it's mine. Later on I thought, 'Nah couldn't be."

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...