Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Never Ending Day

The never ending day began early. I went to Albany and picked up BamBam, Dutch, Pebbles and Claws and took them to Heartland to be neutered, spayed and tested.

Then, after a short rest, in which I cleaned cat boxes, etc, I took Gizmo back to Rita in the homeless camps. I was so exhausted I could barely climb up and over the two train cars then down the trail with Gizmo in a carrier.

I vaccinated Rita's other female's four kittens, then was leaving and ran into a KVAL news crew coming down the trail in the rain. They saw me and wanted me to talk to the camera and I said no, that this wasn't about the cats as much as it was about these people and where are they going to go. Richard was wailing at them about pretty much everything. I went and got Rita because she is very smart and she took them back to her camp and they interviewed her. I had to get going.

So then I went back to Heartland and picked up the cats. They weren't quite ready, so I went and laid down in my car so exhausted. Wasn't twenty minutes before they brought the cats out to me. I told them how much I appreciated their help. All were negative. I paid them $30 for the three tests. They usually charge $20 per test.

Then I went home and began to get ready to take the three boys to their barn home out near Scio. I had to get the rabbit hutches and cut some carpet pieces to go in the bottom and get the two dishpan dollar store litterboxes for the containment cages they'll be held in for a few days until they understand that's their new home.

Then people starting calling wanting to adopt Bambam and I arranged to meet a nice woman who uses the same vet I do and I felt she'd be a good owner. I met her at Coastal on the way out to Scio with the boys. She gave me an adoption fee that will help cover the two bags of food I got to take the Scio woman and then some. She knew I would be needing a place for some of the cats and said she'd take four and she's got the property for it. It's like cat heaven and she cares for them really well. I was grateful. But she isn't rich and has two adopted daughters and so I bought her two bags of dry food just because I was so grateful.

I was out of dry cat food for my own cats here, so I stopped then with the adoption money and got two bags for me at Costco on the way home, dog tired.

The fosterer in Albany wasn't home, so I brought Pebbles and Dutch back here. I haven't returned the Corvallis homeless camp three either so I'll do that in the morning.

Tomorrow is day of rest. Then I'll do all the dirty smelly laundry. And sleep some more.

So four more homeless camp cats moved out and on with their lives today, after getting fixed. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...