Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gizmo---Albany Homeless Camp Owned Siamese Female


Here is Giz, the little tame pregnant Siamese female, treasured by her owner. The kittens Dutch, BamBam and Pebbles are from her last litter and are about 8 weeks old. She's pregnant again.

The other female this homeless camper owns, has four kittens, about 4 weeks old. I did treat them for fleas and roundworms when I picked up this female, who I must return following her spay, and that woman will turn over those four kittens to me, and let me spay her other female, just prior to the end of June, when the human campers will be evicted.

I worry about that woman. She's had such a rough life, been beaten and raped several times and talks about it matter of factly. She's sick herself a lot of the time. I worry she might have AIDS or Hep C and she could not live as a normal person now or hold a job. She's damaged from her hard life. She's rough around the edges, but she has a kind heart, a good heart in there, and I wish I wish I wish there was more kindness in this world. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...